- Appointed by the district judge(s).
- Prepares and administers accounting records for all county funds.
- Audits the records and accounts of the various county departments.
- Verifies the validity and legality of all county disbursements.
- Forecasts financial data for budgetary formulation purposes.
- Serves as budget officer in counties with more than 225,000 residents. (Counties with more than 125,000 residents may opt for an appointed budget officer.)
Visit the Texas Association of County Auditors website to learn more.
Local Public Servants
Click an icon below to learn more about each county official.