- Serves as a licensed peace officer and is responsible for enforcing the criminal laws of the state.
- Manages and operates the county jail.
- Provides security for the courts.
- Serves warrants and civil papers.
- Regulates bail bondsmen in counties with no bail bond board.
- May serve as the Tax Assessor-Collector in counties with fewer than 8,000 residents.
Visit the Sheriffs’ Association of Texas website to learn more.
Local Public Servants
Click an icon below to learn more about each county official.