- Receives and deposits all county revenues.
- Acts as chief liaison between the county and depository banks.
- Prepares the payroll.
- Disburses funds upon the order of the Commissioners Court.
- Records receipts and expenditures and reconciles bank statements.
- May be designated as the county’s investment officer and required to submit regular reports on county finance to the members of the Commissioners Court.
- May also act as the county’s human resources officer, employee benefits coordinator, risk manager and insurance coordinator.
- May have some audit responsibilities in counties with no Auditor.
Visit the County Treasurers’ Association of Texas website to learn more.
Local Public Servants
Click an icon below to learn more about each county official.